Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken
You won’t regret skipping the Italian restaurant to serve up this instead.
My family devours Italian food which is probably why this dish is asked for so often in my house. Even my son who likes to say he’s ‘allergic’ to spinach and other green veggies, loves this meal when I serve it up with angel hair pasta.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3–4 chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 5 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- Cook chicken breasts in a large, deep frypan until done. Set these aside.
- Melt butter in the remaining cooking juices leftover in the pan.
- Add in garlic and cook for about one minute on medium heat.
- Add diced onion and fry until translucent.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms then fry for 1–2 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, and allow the sauce to reduce down slightly. Then reduce your heat to low.
- Add in the heavy cream and bring your sauce to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally.
- Season the creamy sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in your spinach and allow it to wilt in the sauce.
- Now add in the parmesan cheese.
- Allow your sauce to simmer for another minute until all the cheese is melted through, then add the cooked chicken back to your pan.
- Sprinkle with parsley and spoon sauce over the chicken.
This is delicious when served over steamed vegetables, cauliflower rice, white rice, or even your choice of pasta. And there’s more than enough for my four-person family.