The Ultimate Stuffed Burger
Celebrate #NationalHamburgerDay with this mouth-watering delight!
Today is National Hamburger Day here in the U.S. so I pulled a summer favorite for all of you. This recipe will help you create the ultimate stuffed burger. They’re filled with cheddar, baby bellas, and onion then grilled to perfection.
You’ll have about ten large burgers when done — plenty enough for a fat-and-sassy queen to share with her loved subjects.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 5 pounds of lean ground beef
- 6 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Once hot, lightly oil the grate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and salt and pepper.
- Separate the mixture into 20 balls then flatten them all into patties.
- On 10 of the patties, place onions, mushrooms, and cheese. Then cover each with one of the remaining 10 patties. Be sure to seal all of the edges to enclose your fillings when forming each of your finished patties.
- Grill your burgers for 9–10 minutes per side, or until meat is done and cheese is melted inside.
During the warmer months in Ohio, we grill these burgers outside on the patio. But during the cold wintry months, we use an electric indoor grill so we don’t miss out on these family favorites. We’re not likely to let the weather dictate what we’ll be enjoying for dinner.
I think every family member chooses different toppings (pickles, sliced tomato, lettuce) and condiments (spicy mustard, ketchup, A1, hot sauce, mayonnaise) but we all agree that these are the ultimate burgers. We usually serve them on toasted buns with fries, potato wedges, or even potato salad.